Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Accounting Codification

I know it will be nice once I get used to it, but for now I am dreading having to update all of my references to the new codification. I am sure that I am not the only person out there. But honestly, I don't think it will be that bad. The new codification seems pretty straightforward; what's not better than the current system of the litany of standards. I think the hardest thing for me is going to be remembering to reference the new codification in the workpapers, when drafting and tying out financial statements I will be looking for those things but I am certain to overlook a few in the workpapers until I get used to using the new references.

Here are some sites I found that have some good articles and/or tools relating to the new codification:

No comments:

Post a Comment